Cut and rough-turn it wet, then air-dry or put it in a vacuum with silica gel
for quicker drying. Reducing the dimensions of the wet wood will significantly
shorten the drying time and decrease the hazard of crack formation.

Drying WILL warp the wood, so be sure to rough turn to dimensions that will
allow final turning to the required dimensions even with significant warp.

On 17 feb 2011, at 15:40, J Balmer wrote:

> Kiln. Microwave just excites any liquid in the wood, causing it to heat &
> expand, no drying involved. Depending on the moisture content, you might get
> a nice explosion though…

| Dr. Henk J.M. Verhaar             | e-mail: h...@stichtsend.xs4all.nl |
| Ecotoxicoloog en vliegbinder      | tel:    035 656 2128              |
| Bonte Kraailaan 22                | mobiel: 06 38 279016              |
| NL-1343 AJ Almere                 | web:    www.xs4all.nl/~flyrod     |