I'm still in the largest state, and not yet frozen to death. I've spent several day s with members of the Alaska Fly Fishers Association and this is a great club, big, 150 members at a meeting in Anchorage tonight and I doubt they all came over to hear my talk about fly fishing in New England.

We gave out the awards for the fly tying contest I judged, 9 junior entries, and the winner was 6 and very good! In the 6-16 group we had a dozen nice entires and lot's of adults. Overall the entries were of high quality, and the choices of flies for each division were really good, not all the usual.

I introduced feather wing streamers to 22 members on Saturday and on Wednesday we head north so I can do all this in Fairbanks.

Inbetween this got to see the Iditarod take off, and may get to fish the Kenai is open in places. When I get back I'll update everyone on the swaps I'm meistering and get tying my own flies.

Peggy Brenner