I'd be interested, but it's a little longer than a 40 mile trip for me.
ION, the Firehole is a great place to fish, but I was casting in 30+ mph
winds all afternoon. Never saw a rise, & like you the biggest fish on of
the day we never saw. wasn't as big as yours, but I had to work to bring
it up stream on my 7wt. Most of the trout we caught were smaller browns.