I think the box and the book go together. If this is something he did on his own, the two add a little personality to a solo hobby.

One of the things I learned when President of United Fly Tyers' was that fly tying can be a solo hobby, and when a older member dies, they have this whole room they went to and no one else in the family went. We had a long time member die and left his materials and books to the club, his wife of 62 years had never been in his tying room. Talk about man cave!

Peggy