On 8/22/2011 10:41 AM, J Balmer wrote:
Regardless of how fish interpret what we consider color, in 50 years of
fishing (particularly the last 30) I have been in situations where varioius
species of fish seem to prefer a "color" when offered the same exact lure or
fly in different ones. Large&  smallmouth bass&  trout appearing to be the
most finicky.

/*Talk about finicky, BIG(to me) bluegills can really make me crazy sometimes. I remember trying every popper and foam bug I had until I tried a tiny #12 green popper I found tucked away in a corner of my box. All I caught were dinks and a few almost decent fish. The little bitty green bug brought a good mess of 9-10" gills to hand until a large largemouth bass of undetermined size decided to have it for lunch. He appeared to be snacking on bluegills and looked big enough to handle all but the biggest of the ones in the area.
That was a long time ago, but still stands out in my memories.
*/