Hello JB Swappers!

I have heard back from all swap signees except for Jerry McKaughan and Jimi
Genzling.  We hope you two are well.

Currently we have 12 participants in the swap, with three more openings
available, if we have two dropouts.

Please note that you can tie any kind of fly with this technique, for this
swap.  You are not limited to scuds and shrimp.  For example, I am tying a
damselfly nymph.

Here is Don Ordes' basic tutorial
http://www.fantasyflies.com/juice_bug_tutorial.php

For those of you who would like to try the technique, but don't have easy
access to workable materials, here is what I use:

Stretch Magic clear beading cord instead of Jelly Rope.  Stretch Magic is
commonly available at craft stores like Michaels and Jo-Ann, and it comes
in about six different diameters.  I use .7mm the most, with some bugs
(mayfly nymphs and chironomid pupa) tied with .5mm.

Liquid Fusion cement, a superb clear urethane product also available at the
above stores and some hardware outlets. The large squeeze bottle is about
$6.  This stuff has a lot of uses in tying and general fishing.  It is very
similar to the wader patch product Aqua Seal, and I used it to repair a
gash in my pontoon boat this season.  If you use Softex, this is a much
superior product.

My preferred clear monofilament thread is Coats Transparent polyester,
comes in a 400yd. spool at Jo-Ann.  A little more difficult to find this
product, as my local store is hit-and-miss about keeping it in stock.  I
much prefer it over the clear nylon monos.

THREE MORE SPACES LEFT to make 15 swappers.  DEADLINE FOR SIGNUP IS THIS
COMING FRIDAY. Deadline to receive the flies is December 1st.

Many of the participants have already tied (and will send) 15 flies.  If we
have extras, will pool them and swappers will get a random selection
equally divided.  That will give you a single duplicate or two that you can
try fishing.

Please include a reusable package to protect your flies, and if all
possible, a self-addressed return envelope.  Include cash for return
postage or put a generous amount of stamps on your return envelope.

Mailing address for swap:

Wes Wada
1265 NE 9th St
Bend, OR 97701