I can relate to this personally, for years I paddled the canoe while my husband Jerry fly fished. I took up tying in '95 to save $$ as he like to fish the Rangley streamers that sold for a whole 1.95 at the time.

Then one day in 1997 I sold 3 houses in Lowell,MA called a Triple hat trick, so I signed up and attended a Orvis endorsed fly fishing school out in Western MA, the rest is history as they say.

Peggy