Yes, I fish for carp. Everyone living near waters holding carp should try it. They can be very skittish, picky, and hard to hook. I've found that carp living in moving waters can be very strong. Carp in still waters are sometimes a bit of a disappointment.

The real question is "Do you release them, or toss them up on the bank?" I lean toward the latter.

As some of you know, I write a how-to-tie article for my local club's newsletter. There is a carp fly in the current issue http://austinflyfishers.com/newsletters/AFFAugNL12.pdf . The carp down here don't seem to be as willing as some other areas of the country to take a fly, but in the heat of a summer drought, sometimes they are the only fishing available. Be sure to check out the pictures in the newsletter of a friend's and my trip to Baja.

Jack Lehman
Austin