Still wish I could get the Gudebrod 10/0 in the colors I use.
Tony

--- On Wed, 11/14/12, Scott Bearden <scott.bear...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Scott Bearden <scott.bear...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VFB] Gudebrod thread
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Date: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 11:58 AM

Tony turned me on to Gudebrod, but it was right at the end of their fly tying
thread days. I went on an exhaustive search for a suitable replacement and I
found that Hook and Hackle's Euro Thread is a very close match. Both threads
are polyester and the 12/0 Euro thread is perfect for the midges that I like to
tie. The diameter is much finer than other "midge" threads. I will have to try
some of this Veevus thread you guys have been talking about. It is more
expensive, but if it is as good I will use it.

Scott

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 9:41 PM, Chuck Alexander