I have five  and yes they are that good.   Ripped a guide off one sent it to
them for repair can not tell it was ever damaged.
Gary

From: Chuck Alexander
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2013 4:28 PM
To: fly fishing for panfish ; vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Subject: [VFB] Sage Fly Rods

Folks: I just downloaded and started watching a video called “Sage Fly Rods:
Made in America” and it takes you on a tour of their factory, which is on an
Island just off Seattle Washington, and tells about how great the fly rods are
etc. Are their flyrods REALLY “THAT GOOD”?? Are they REALLY worth the prices
they charge??  I have never casted one, but I have always told ppl that I think
I’d put my $100 St Croix “Premier” against any rod on the market. And the
Bamboo rod Tony built for me puts that St. Croix to shame. But that is sorta
comparing apples to oranges to me, the bamboo vs. the Graphite rod, cause they
are just totally different in their action etc. But anyway, the cheapest Sage I
have seen, I believe is about  $300 And that is for their “entry level” rods.
Are they REALLY worth the money or is it like a lot of things and you are
paying for that “name brand”?? Thanks, Chuck