From: Wes Wada
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2013 8:04 PM
To: VFB Mail
Subject: [VFB] Where is every?one : Wes's season so far

Hi VFB!

Spring fishing in central Oregon was Gone with the Wind.  At one point, had
scheduled eight trips, only to be able to make two, due to wretched weather.  I
was getting depressed!  Felt like the whole season was going down the tubes.

Had a couple of very good days at Davis Lake for Largemouth Bass.

Then finally the weather warmed in July, and this month has been incredible.  I
have mostly been fishing Crane Prairie Reservoir for the big rainbows, and in
the last 12 days, have C&R two 27", two 26" and three more over 20".

The fly of choice was my Juicebug Damsel, both in the original version, and
lately an olive brown, copper-eyed, heavy hook version.  The light wire hooks
in the original pattern were no match for these fish, so ended up going to a 3X
heavy Fuling Mills Competition Heavyweight from the UK. That's done the trick.
The tails and abdomen are dyed Arctic Fox body fur.

Also in the third season of restoring our 1975 vintage Dodge Maxivan camper.
The camping has almost been better than the fishing.

We are tinder dry here, and fires seem to start every day, but have been
quickly extinguished.  The greatest fear will be a dry lightning storm.

Hope you are able to view the photos.

Safe travels.

Wes Wada
Bend, Oregon