If we could just have a thread that is finer than a human hair and stronger
than a steel cable....  I think the threads we now have available are
excellent.
Fingers (sense of touch) are a great way to measure.  You can feel the
difference in thickness between one and two pieces of cigarette paper.
Probably even finer. Pretty amazing.