I never did find him cranky.
Arkansas Tony
On Sunday, March 30, 2014 1:22 PM, Donna Crowell <tieem...@gmail.com> wrote:

Allan,  I agree Dave did had a heart of gold. He is well missed.

            Donna.

On Saturday, March 29, 2014, Allan Fish <afi...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>For all his supposed 'cantankerousness' (is that a real word?), Dave
had a heart of gold.

>Allan
>
>On 3/29/14, 3:12 PM, Joyce M Westphal wrote:
>Dave made me his own design,  portable tying box.  I
still use and cherish it. Joyce

>>On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 7:51 AM, Allan Fish <afi...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>
>>On 3/29/14, 1:58 AM, Neville Gosling wrote:
>>>
>>>Yes, that was Dave Lewis of Performance Fly Rods. It seems someone else
has taken over his website.

Dave's wife Mary Lu kept his website up for several more years after
Dave died so she could sell off the rest of his fly rods.  I hadn't
realized that it had been taken over by someone else.

>>>Dave was a cantankerous guy - and prided himself on being cantankerous.
 But he had some of the neatest photo essays ever put out on the
internet.  It's a shame they're no longer available.  Dave and I had
some great discussions off-list, sometimes agreeing, sometimes
disagreeing, but never with enmity.  I miss the old coot.  I have one
of his rods but unfortunately never got to meet him in person.

>>>Allan
>>>

>>>--
>>>--

>>>--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "VFB Mail" group.
an email to vfb-mail+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

>>--

>>---
>>You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "VFB Mail" group.
>>To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to vfb-mail+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

>--

>---
>You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VFB
>Mail" group.
>email to vfb-mail+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

Sent from Donna's iPad....