The fly is called "The Only"  found it in a Hatches magazine.
Glad you had fun.
Rick
On Monday, May 5, 2014 6:55 AM, "'wayneb22...@yahoo.com' via VFB Mail"
<vfb-mail@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Hi Nev;
Sounds like a good outing to me despite the weather!
Wayneb
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

________________________________
 From:  Neville Gosling <nev.gosl...@shaw.ca>;
To:  <vfb-mail@googlegroups.com>;
Subject:  Re: [VFB] Gorgeous day
Sent:  Sun, May 4, 2014 10:06:48 PM

Ho Allan:

I'm glad that you got out and enjoyed life with a bit of fishing mixed in. I
myself am away on a fishing trip, but the weather since I arrived has been very
wet and unseasonally cool but after spending all day Saturday in my little
trailer the weather improved  and although still somewhat damp (drizzle) I did
manage to get out this morning (Sun) and mmanaged to catch 9 rainbows. As luck
would have it the biggest was somewhere between 21/2 to 3 pounds but was dark
(Spawner). The rest were smaller but still a good 18 - 19 inches and silver
bright. All were taken on a grey bodied chironomid with black wire ribbing size
12 & 14. I have just finished a belated lunch and plan to go out again . The
weather is improving with a weak sunny spells.

Nev