I never thought I would take that step. "2-hand is not for me. I'm always
going to be a 1-handed fisherman." Today I was just about to buy another
rod, a Scott A4 #5. It went for $300 and I was JUST about to buy when I
stumbled on a topic from another guy. If he had phrased it differently, I
would probably just have bought the Scott without thinking twice. But "Do
you want to try 2-hand fishing" made me look another time... even though I
had seen that it was a 9-weight rod. $115 for the rod including three lines
to it. That was too cheap to just ignore... so I kept it open in another
window while I looked a little deeper into the Buy&Sell board. Soon I found
a Loop reel that matched it... for $200.
I leaned back and sank into thinking. I complain and complain because it's
so far to good waters and I'm stuck with the P&T-waters here. But just
around the corner, only 20 kilometers from here, I have Ljusne, which is a
really good salmon/sea trout water, visited by people from all around
Sweden...

... and in front of me I had the gear for it, to a price that was even
better than reasonable. Instantly I felt that this was something long
overdue. I never bought the #5 Scott. Coming is instead a #9 Broman Big
River and a Loop reel to it. A new world is opening...

/Nick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtxd5kZPJkw