Folks: We just had kinda, sorta death in the family this Tuesday night/Wed
morning about 12:30am.  And check out this story. My son has been dating and
engaged to this girl Ashley for about a year and a half now and he  she lives
with her grand parents, and my son lives there with them as well. Well, they
kept talking about “Papa Fred this, Papa Fred that”. And Nana this, and Nana
that. Well, My son one day asked me if I knew Fred Dempsey, and I said, “Only
for 35 yrs now”. He said “THAT’S “Papa Fred”. Fred and his brother Bruce (who
just lost his wife to cancer less than three months ago) owned a garage and I
was their main mechanic (that was when plugs, points, condenser and rotor and
you were “on the road again” most times.

Anyway, Billie and I started going over there and seeing Fred and his wife
since I found out who it was, and  anyway, all my son’s grand parents on mine
and my wife’s side died before he was just a few yrs old, so “Nana” (and Fred)
have been like grand parents to him and when she died this week (from
Parkinson’s complications” it has been devastating for him and his fiancé’ as
well as Fred. Her funeral will be this Saturday at 2pm. Took so long as “Nana”
has a grandson in the military stationed in Hawaii and  Friday is the soonest
he can make it home. Hawaii is getting a whale of a hurricane and he said they
were moving GI’s to different bases in California etc till the storm passes, so
he’d be kinda headed this way even if his grand mother had not passed away.

To top it all off, Fred and Bruce’s oldest brother’s wife just died less than a
yr ago, as did their only Sister. It’s been a rough family for the Dempsey
family this yr so even though ya’ll don’t know them, please keep them in your
thoughts and prayers. One last thing. Ashley is working at the local nursing
home as a Nurse (The lady who died was also a nurse for 30 yrs, so that’s why
Ashley wanted to become a nurse) on a 4pm till midnight shift, and they had
called the hospice ppl in on Tuesday after Ashley had gone to work and they
said they didn’t think she’d make it through the night and to “call in the
family”. Well Ashley hasn’t been working there long and is still on probation,
so her supervisor (old bitty) told her she HAD to finish out her shift. Ashley
worked her shift, then flew home real fast. Her Nana had stopped breathing just
30 SECONDS before Ashley got home. Basically, she had died. Ashley went in to
see her, and her Nana opened her eyes for about 10-20 seconds, smiled, then
passed away for good after that.

Now how do you account for that other than God allowing Ashley to say good bye
to her beloved Grand mother, who raised her. The nursing home didn’t even want
Ashley to miss any work on Saturday, which is the day of the fumeral, but she
told them to “kiss her hiney”, and I told her “good for you, and if that’s how
they treat their workers you need to go to work at the hospital which is
ajacent to the nursing home here. She said that’s just what’s she’s going to
check about. She has to jump through a lot of hoops as she is in a local
college to become and LPN (and hopefully an RN), and that job is part of her
“OJT” agreement with the school and the nursing home. Thanks a lot. I didn’t
mean to write a book. Chuck