Very nice. Our spring trout trip was canceled & when the weather was feasible
for fishing this summer, I didn’t have the time. The fall muskie hunt may get
moved up enough to be a smallmouth trip this year, last two years we were
fishing in snowfall.

From: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com [mailto:vfb-mail@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Wes Wada
Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2014 10:24 AM
To: VFB Mail
Subject: Re: [VFB] MASTER - Summary of Are we to Old Survey 9/7/14

Hi Allan,

Yes, very fortunate that our area still has uncrowded, rustic, free, waterside
camping. There was nobody else camping within 1/4 mile for both these sites.
Need to treasure this, as access gets more and more restricted as the area gets
more population, and National Forest Service and Dept. of Fish and Wildlife run
out of funds. Closing stuff down is easier than trying to maintain it.

This season, fishing has been spotty due to very hot and unpredictable weather,
but the camping has been memorable.  Oregon has been a hot spot for forest
fires this year, so it's been an adventure.  There's currently a fire burning
about 12 miles to the NW of these scenes.

Just finished the best day of the season so far...a nice brookie (pictured), a
4 and a 5 pound rainbow, and a monster fish that made the others look like bait
– that broke me off by running under a submerged log.  Fun stuff.

Wes

Inline image 2