Folks: Got us a new (new to us anyway) P. T. Cruiser that is EXACTLY like the
old on  in color and differs in that it’s a 2007 vs the old one was a 2004.
Same color, same “limited, touring edition” with all the extra bells and
whistles etc.  And this one only has 84,000 miles whereas we had the old one up
to 141,000. So, it’s three years newer and the interior and exterior is in
better condition than the old one (I’ll post a few small pics tomorrow. This
car is a NON turbo (but we are glad of that as it has PLENTY of power, yet a
bad turbo cost $1200 plus labor to replace) but will save about $1500 if the
turbo ever went bad. It

More good news is we got our payments the same, but got a 24 month or 24,000
mile warranty with tis one that covers EVERYTHING that a new car warranty
covers and more as it don’t just cover the drive train, but all other things
like the starter, alternator, AC compressor and other parts all electrical
components , radiator, AC condenser, power steering pump, power brake booster,
catalytic converter, O2 sensor, and just a whole list of other things. Only
things it don’t cover is the oil changes and brake disc pads and other fluids.
And we were going to have to have  the AC compressor replaced on the old one
before next Summer, but this one will freeze you out of the car. As far as
everything working, EVERYTHING works on it that we checked and it purrs like
the proverbial kitten. Has brand new tires all the way around, new brake pads
etc.

We also got a “gap” insurance that protects us against the very thing that
caught us off guard on the old one, meaning that say we owe $5,000, but the
insurance company says they’ll only pay off $4,000 in case of a crash, the “gap
policy” covers that $1,000 difference, which is great as any car, new or used
devalues as soon as you drive it off the lot. Anyway, all in all, we’re pretty
happen to have wheels under our butts again LOL...Sorry for venting so much
about all this car business lately, but now maybe we can get back to business
as usual, barring any deer crossing  and running into the car LOL.  We also
test drove a Ford Extended cap pick em up truck, but it was a 2002, and had
over 100,000 miles, pulled to the right, had a tiny skip and a few things like
that and the LAST thing I wanted to do is get a car or truck that the first
thing I have to do it to work on it. Had enough knuckle busting since I was
about five yrs old and started helping Daddy work on cars, then became a
mechanic in the Air Force and have always done the work on all my cars all my
life basically. Getting too old for that stuff. Chuck