Hi AF:

We could do with your rain here in BC as the three western Provinces of
Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia have in excess of 400 forest fires
raging. Vancouver was affected by smoke and ash from a fire north of the ski
resort of Whistler some 200 kilometres distant. I have never known it so bad.
There has been some property damage and lives lost. They even called in the
army and reservists to help fight fires and as group of firefighters arrived
from Australia today to provide assistance.

Water shortage is also a problem as we had minimal snow on the mountains last
winter and no significant rain in May & June - even fishing has been banned for
the lower half of Vancouver Island as the rivers and streams are so low.

> No fishing here.  Too much flooding.  Too many storms.

Neville (Nev) Gosling
Greater Vancouver
BC  Canada