Hi Pete:
I have a similar problem in that I am a brittle (unstable) diabetic hooked
up to an insulin pump 24/7 & my doctor does not want me to fish without a
friend especially when wading. This does restrict me as my former fishing
partners have either moved a long distance away or quit fishing.

Regarding a 4xl pfd have you considered an auto inflate model? Not
particularly cheap but less restrictive than a standard pfd. One cannot
afford to be cheap when your life is at stake.

Neville Gosling

On Thursday, May 26, 2016, Pete Gramp <pete.gr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So here's the deal.  I have epilepsy, have had roughly 0 (good days) to 6
> (obviously bad days) seizures a day for the past countless months, and the
> neurologist says the only way he'll let me fish is from shore, and even
> then, with a "good" PFD (personal flotation device) and with another person
> present.  I could always ignore the doc, but I'm not the type to risk
> that.  Kinda stinks, especially since I'm a "big boned" and 6 foot 6 inch
> tall guy... finding a PFD my size has been difficult.  Anyone have
> suggestions for a "good" PFD on the cheap, preferably that doesn't restrict
> casting, but cheap comes first, for a US size 4XL?
> I get it, I'm big... no I don't play basketball, nor mini golf. But I do
> fly fish. :)
>
> Any suggestions on PFDs welcome,
> -Pete

> ---