From: Jack Lehman <jklepo...@sbcglobal.net>
Date: 06/17/2016  7:55 PM  (GMT-05:00)
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: p.s.: Re: [VFB] QFTD, Why I tie... and new RD DVD#2 option?

    All for it Doneaux, and happy birthday

      Jack Lehman

      On 6/15/2016 8:41 AM, Don Ordes wrote:

          Fly tying can be a couple of nights a month to stock up
            on depleted favorite patterns, or a full-blown multi-faceted
            hobby, hobby-business, part-time business, or retirement
            business.

          If you include the satellite activities besides fishing,
            which include getting together with other tiers, attending
            fly shows (or tying at them), researching, publishing books
            or videos, mentoring, and of course vfb-ing, there's a lot
            to keep it diverse and interesting. When it gets boring,
            just add a new venue to the tying and challenge yourself to
            kick it up a notch.  Or plan a new trip for different fish,
            and tie the flies needed for that.  It should never ever get
            boring, especially if you include a sense of humor or art to
            the process.

          On materials, my challenge after this last move and
            re-organization is just finding what I need amongst the
            myriad of materials I've collected. But I have a plan for
            next year for retardment. My 'retirement' will really just
            mean swapping focus from the oil & gas business to
            Fantasy Flies and videos. I intend to get a shop and turn it
            into a fly-base of operations.

          Ahh, the video.  Rope-dub DVD#2.  Thinking of
            an alternate plan- put it out for comments.

          Instead of a long DVD which is taking forever to film and
            produce (if I can get any time), how about a
            You-tube channel with themed short videos uploaded
            regularly- not only on rope-dubbing (will go on forever),
            but on mice (deerhair), flex-o, McFlyfoam, #32's,
            salt-flies, streamers, etc.?

          Big difference is it would be free to all,
            which is how I handled it in the first place with Byard,
            putting the RD videos on his site for anyone to see (pretty
            crude at the time).  My pay would be with visits &
            subscribers- from Y-T. Then also I’d still be selling the
            giant Fantasy Flies, framed streamers, mice, etc. Hopefully
            make for a busy yet pleasant retirement.

          This way I could somewhat follow the comments in
            adjusting what I tie or show next and just let it evolve. Of
            course, there will be my sense of humor worked in throughout
            all of the videos to keep it from being all ‘dry’.

          And since I’m slowing way down in attending fly shows
            (travelling less and less), I’ll make a ‘Baits Hotel’ video
            just for giggles and grins (and to survive me).

          Comments? (Especially from those who have DVD #1.)

          DonO