i would see the every day I drove to work. They make great abstract art of your bonnet. Only once did I hit one- 90 miles from home, two weeks before I moved overseas, in my mother's car whilst on a fishing trip, at 1am in the middle of nowhere. I would see 4 or 5 new hits on the side of the road every morning. No shortage around Melbourne. Actually, they used to hop through my university campus before the surrounding area got developed. I think I sent Jerry a patch 10 years ago or so. Makes for some absolutley lovely flies.......not that I ever skinned road kill before ;)