Don: And everybody. I have re-watched my rope dub videos lately by Don O and
have been practicing the technique for this swap and noticed at least one
advantage to rope dubbing. The trick is to use mono as the thread/rope core.

Number one reason is that you never have to swap thread colors as clear mono
blend into any color material. Number two at least for me is that the 2
pound mono I use seems to be stronger than 6/0 thread. And mono being more
slippery that most any thread it seems to get the dubbing material to spin
around the "thread" to make the dubbing "rope"  a little easier, overall.

Lastly, If you don't have a copy of Don's rope dub videos It should b in
your DVD collection IMHO. He makes it so easy to follow along that even I
learned it LOL. And NO, he didn't ask me to post this or anything like that.
In fact, you'd have to ask him if he even has any more available   I just
think that any "tool" in your tying arsenal would help you tie better,
quicker, and stronger, not to mention stronger as many, many insects in the
world have naturally segmented bodies and the rope dub method makes that
look more easily obtainable.

Tr him here to see if he has more and to order your copy if possible.
https://fantasyfliesblog.wordpress.com/rope-dubbing-dvd-1/