On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Gert Vervoort wrote:

> It is also very likely that not all of these settings are supported by
> other MPEG encoders or that other MPEG encoders have also other
> parameters available.
>
> In practice some parameters can also be fixed, depening on a type of
> system stream or picture size.

I'm not real familiar with the MPEG specs either, but most of what you
enumerated here (and your next message) looks supportable by the iTVC15.  I
don't remember any settings for the quantizer, but that may be a
register/mmio level operation which I don't have docs for.

Perhaps we use this as the baseline, and the driver can reply with an
UNSUPPORTED message to any that it doesn't handle.  For the properties that
tend to be card specific (noise reduction), those can be handled by userspace
tweak utilites.

> audio:
>
> - type: MPEG, AC-3, LPCM

Layer I,II,III (iTVC15 does 1 & 2 but not 3)

Our chip can support AC3, but the card hardware isn't wired to support it as
far as I can tell.

> - bitrate
> - sampling frequency (DVD: 48 Khz, VCD: 44.1 KHz)

32KHz

Trick Modes? (ff, rew)
Copyright
Inverse Telecine