On Sun, 9 Feb 2003, A. Lee wrote:

> I also have an AverTV Stereo.
> wrt to audio, I used to have a problem that both the normal channel and
> SAP output at the same time (in xawtv). The parameter
> "audiomux=0x0e,0x04,0x08,0x04,0" (for bttv) seems to help.

Where do you put that?

> Here's the config in my /etc/modules.conf:

Is that all you need to do? I'm a bit of a newbie with regards to getting
into the internals of Linux like *this* so my impression is that after
this you also need to do some recompiling of the kernel modules, is that
correct? I looked into this (based on what I saw in the archives) and my
kernel doesn't allow loading modules. So I'd have to recompile my kernel
(SuSE 8.1) which I'm not too keen on doing right now as it works with
everything else. I'd be more inclined to return the card, really.

> btw, does picture works in your KWinTV? From your wording I got the
> impression that you only have video problems in MythTV.

Well, it's a couple things. I have video problems in MythTV and audio
problems in KWinTV (the SAP problem). The picture in KWinTV is fine.

So anyway, the big picture is that I want to be able to use this card with
the minimum of trouble. I  have no problem hacking config files, compiling
modules or what not. Setting up boot scripts. What I don't have the time
to do is get a kernel compiled of similar quality to the one that works
well for me right now. Is this what's required or can I avoid this and
have the AverTV stereo work fine?

Preston