I have finally gotten nuvrec to work. That seems to do just about what I
have been looking for. If I want a pretty gui I can use zapping or xawtv
to record. They have worked for a long time. But I also would like to be
able to set up recordings using cron. Nuvrec seems to do that pretty
good :) BUT, I have to run "v4lctl volume mute off" first. Is that a bug
with the v4l1-compat or is it like that with bttv as well? Other than
this, my saa7134 driver is working perfectly now, and I'm just to
excited :)

Gerd, you are my hero today! Must have been a busy day for you...

Best regards,
Stian