Jordan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Apr  1 20:56:01 [kernel] msp3410: status=0x14 (pri=yes, sec=no, mono)

> It says setting mode btsc stereo no matter what I do but this seems to have no
> effect. The status line also seems to say mono no matter what I do.

That's just the msp34xx status register decoded.  For some reason the
msp34xx thinks there is no stereo signal available ...

> the second to last line that says BTSC setstereo: stereo changes if I set
> output to mono, or lang1, or lang2, and it changes to those accordingly. I only
> see that line after I close mplayer, which I thought was odd. Mplayer still says
> that v4l reports mono, no matter what I do.

... and that's why trying to force stereo doesn't work too.

According to the data sheets that version of the chip should be able
to handle a BTSC stereo signal.  I have no idea what is going on.  Any
chance the TV station really sends a mono signal only?

  Gerd

--
Michael Moore for president!