On 7/17/05, ro9core <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Halcyon Lujah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  > And if you want to change the world, you need to let go of your
>  > negative feelings towards making money.   A REVOLUTION NEEDS
>  > RESOURCES.

>  the problem fast becomes when you start charging for something, you
>  lose some of your vision glory

>  it sort of dims the light when i can see your global orgasm stuff
>  online but i cant see you and tassy fuck like rabbits without becoming
>  a member... i start to wonder if youre just running another porn
>  website, and you dont have much of a vision except for a slick
>  marketing plan

>  maybe im just a cynical fuck, but myself having been in business, i
>  know the twin draws of trying to make great stuff, and trying to make
>  great money

>  sometimes you have to choose, and i dont hate anyone for their choice,
>  but i will recognize what i see

>  ro

I totally understand your point, and agreed with you for most my life.

But I am to a point where I want my art/passion/vision to be the main
focus of my life.  I don't want to work all week so I can vlog on the
weekends.

I have had a few successful projects that were "popular" and guided by
love.  But they all had to close due to lack of funds.

Do I feel good about the people that my passion and art touched?  Yes.
Do I wish I could have continued and touched many more people?  Yes.

Again, I totally understand your feelings and I respect that.    But
my current vision requires resources that I can't generate with a
"donate" button or a day job.  Hopefully I can maintain  my love-based
motivation, and keep a balance between free content for those who
don't have resources, and paid content for those who are happy to
"vote" for "more of this" in the world.

-Halcyon
www.SpreadingThePink.com
www.cockybastard.com