Test 3, hmmm....

I will have to think about this one some more, but here are my first
thoughts.  My first thought is I can see things 3-12 months down the
road, I am not an visionary, I am an idea man.  So as you said, I
recognized the fact in the group that there is a virtual fence that
everyone is on, in regards to the maturity of Vlogging.  I have a
MBA, so one thing that I learned is that every successful business
has to mature, grow, expand, or die.  The difference between
business and VLogging is the pure potential of VLogging.  A mom and
pop has the luxury of being able to limit their growth, based on
their comfort scale and ability to put forth their maximum effort.

VLogging does not have this luxury, like other technologies, ideas,
revolutions, over the past few years and decades.  VLogging has a
potential to grow exponentially very quickly and this is what is
going to create the growing pain in th community.

I think there will be a battle between purist and visionaries, much
like there is a battle between old schoolers and corporate staff,
when a mom and pop gets bought out by Acme Corporation.  Mom and Pop
realize that their is a valid reason to sell to Acme, because they
did not do it for just the reason of money.  Most of the time it is
because they need to grow and they understand that for whatever
reason they cannot get the business where it needs to be.

So the purist, you know the one, he sits in the breakroom
complaining all day of how thing are constantly changing and his job
is now different(not harder, just different).  Never realizing that
if mom and pop didn't sell, then they were not going to be able to
maintian their growth and the business eventually would end up
closing down.

This is my first input on the 3rd test, so sorry if I am rambling,
Troy

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well! Okay Troy, you passed the first test, which was that you
read the list
> rather than just leaving your request for help populating your
site /
> moderators, dusting off your hands and walking away.
>
> And the second test, you replied to our skepticism / cynicism with
humor.

> The third test: what you do for the community before the community
bends
> over backwards for you. I whistle background music by request. Can
you
> whistle? Seriously, what skills/knowledge do you have that might
be of
> benefit to us? Are you a skilled businessman? We could learn
something about
> business from you. Maybe you could think of ways to generate
income from
> extant directories that folks here have worked their bums off to
create.

> I'm sorry, dude, but you arrived at a moment when all of us are
hyperaware
> that folks like you will be coming out of the woodwork in droves,
enter our
> community and spam us. It doesn't matter how you presented
your "offer" -
> the timing was "bad" for it arrived in the midst of a discussion
about how
> the days of innocence in the vlogosphere are over.
>
> Jan
>
> --
> "It isn't done alone. Pay more."
> http://fauxpress.blogspot.com