Hi everyone:

At 08:29 PM 8/6/2005, you wrote:
> happy birthday fuck you!
> Yeah no sh*t. Who in the world has copyright over that title. :-(

Here's the story of the happy birthday song:
http://www.snopes.com/music/songs/birthday.htm

Apparently it now brings in about 2 Million in annual royalties which
are split between AOL Time/Warner and a private charity established by
the descendants of the song's creators.

Leave it fuckin' AOL to take something like "Happy Birthday" and copyright it for fuckin' profit (Sorry, I don't buy the so-called "private charity" bullshit).  :-(  :-(  :-(

This just goes to prove the point I made towards the end of my latest podcast (Episode 21 which DOES NOT have any known copyrighted material).  I said in the podcast that before long companies and/or individuals with large sums of $$$ will find a way to copyright every word in the English language for some sort of profit, leaving only DEAD AIR for the rest of us "Average Pats".

And with our luck, someone would find a way to copyright dead air too.  :-(

> Cheers for now :-)

Pat Cook
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (FEEDBACK EMAIL)
Denver, Colorado