On 8/9/05, Charles HOPE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Christopher wrote:
As a matter of fact i'm using firefox :) Interestingly, i got no option
to enable "Fast Start" when exporting from Premiere 6.5, only "Optimize
for streaming" in the codec options, and that doesn't help out either.

Is there any program out there that allows me to render an .avi from
Premiere, shove it in, and generate a nice streaming .mov file?

A very timely post. Just last night I posted a QT video I made with Premiere 6.5. I couldn't figure out how to enable Progressive. Documentation (both internally & on the web) suggest I use Save to Web export option, but it isn't there! Perhaps it's a plugin that is not installed by default. Tonight I will check the CD and see if I can find and install it.

In Pro, instead of choosing "Export Movie" or "Save to Web", use Export > Adobe Media Encoder

>From there you'll find several options using QT, WMV, MPEG etc.

To make QT fast start, you have to choose "Compress Video Header".  I just leave all the settings as they are.

--
_____ Quirk
_____ Bullemhead.com

Individual Fireant Explains