petertheman wrote:

> Here's an idea. If you launch a new service or feature, don't send a
> press release to this group. Instead, actually write a message, as a
> human being.
>
> So yes, I think people want to hear about new products/important
> features. But if you just copy press releases or marketing talk to
> this group, don't be surprised if you're ridiculed for that.
>
> This is a discussion between real people, not a marketing outlet.
>
> (I'm not targetting any specific company with this message, just sayin'.)
>
> Peter

So when people have valid information in a press release that would be
applicable to us they should rewrite it?  Got it.  So MeFeedia, FireANT,
etc, are fine, but companies announcing other products are bad?  Seems
silly to me.  If there was some sort of deluge of press releases coming
here I'd understand it, but the material today was applicable and they
wrote an introductory paragraph annotating the press release, so I felt
like it was good form.

Clint

--
Clint Sharp