The Mayor's Film Office here is pretty easy (ymmv so I've heard but not
our experience) to work with, you fill in the forms (download, filling
in takes 5 minutes), send someone up there with forms and they review
them (can take from an hour to three), they may ask a few questions (of
the person delivering the forms or they telephone you) as the forms
seem never quite clear enough, and they issue a permit for specific
locations for a specific term. No fees, but you must have the proper
insurance in place since you are making a rep when you fill in the
forms. Further, if you want to film in a park, after you receive your
permit you must contact the the parks department person responsible for
that park (it appears each has a few parks, is regional). It's not a
big deal, get the permit. And people here are very friendly here and
we've found it easy to chat with folks on camera. One more thought,
when filming peeps the usual release concerns apply, and regarding
audio you might want to avoid issues if a nearby boombox is pumping out
copyrighted tunes.

-r
--
<URL:http://r.24x7.com>