Jay,

Thanks so much for posting this.

This fellow's attitude mirrors so much of my own (minus the years of accumulated
wisdom!). Yes, it would be nice to be paid to do something that we love, and right now we
love video blogging. but "nice" is such a small consideration compared to the excitement
and satisfaction of the larger picture. I mean can you believe those kick butt videoes from
TIBET?!! [ http://travelvlog.blogspot.com/ ] I mean COME ON!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Anyway, his mention of podcasting is interesting. i have had my world rocked by some of
the podcasts i've listened to, and even tried my own hand at podcasting. the recent hype
around podcasting integrated in iTunes 4.9 was exciting and brought me new subscribers
in the first 3 weeks, but really that whole scene is increasingly dominated by corporate
market-casts and lame morning radio djs repackaging their content in rss feeds. I still
listen to some great and innovative independent podcasts but i'm starting to worry.

I worry sometimes about video blogging too. you know, cuz I'm a worrier...

Anyway thanks again for reminding us that not just vloggers are new and revolutionary,
but also the audience can be as well ("vlogées?").

Dave