The Conversations is a fun read, it's like hanging out with Walter,
which is what he and Michael did. Blink of an eye is distilled from
several lectures where Walter was asked to explain in 90 minutes or
less what he did as an editor, and he gave it a lot of thought as he
does with everything.  Well worth reading and knowing that he has
been the 'man behind the black curtains' on most of Francis' films...

Mark

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Brett Gaylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I was also going to suggest "The Conversations", which is Michael
> Ondaatje interviewing Walter Murch.  Murch was Coppola's sound
> editor, and picture editor on lots of good movies like The
> Conversation, Cold Mountain, English Patient, Talented Mr.
Ripley,and
> he also did the director's cut versions of Touch of Evil and
> Apocalypse Now...its a nice read.
>

> On 17-Aug-05, at 1:30 PM, Mark Cyr wrote:
>
> > If you can handle holding a book in your hands, find a copy of "In
> > the blink of an eye" by Walter Murch.  He takes it to the next
level
> > if you're interested in why montage and film in particular work...
> >
> > Mark
> >
> > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Kunga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Thanks Jen. This is great. I did not know any of those docs were
> > > there. I managed to get a video recording of the entire
> > conference.
> > > I'll post it as soon as I can get it compressed to a size that
you
> > > all can accept.
> > >
> > > Taylor Barcroft
> > >
> > > <http://feeds.feedburner.com/FutureMedia> Now Syndicated on the
> > World
> > > Wide Web. Add us to your iTunes 4.9 Podcasts playlist today by
> > > pasting this URL into the Advanced—> Subscribe to Podcast... URL
> > window.
> > >
> > > barcroft (gizmo) <http://gizmoproject.com>
> > > kungax (Skype) <http://skype.com>>
> > > kungag5 (iChat-AIM) <http://www.aim.com>
> > >
> > > <http://videopodcaster.blogspot.com/> not yet syndicated.
> > Application
> > > in process.
> > >
> > > <http://feeds.feedburner.com/FutureMedia>
> > > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aggregator>
> > > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlog>
> > > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vodcast>
> > > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podcast>
> > > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screencast>
> > >
> > > To join the Video Blogging group
> > >      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/videoblogging/>
> > > To join the Video Blogging Business group
> > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/videobloggingbusiness/>
> > > To learn more about the podcasting announcements group, please
visit
> > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/podcastingannouncements>

> > website
Editing",
> > 1984)
> > think
> > finally
> > guys are
> > in

> > Individual      Fireant      Explains
> >
> > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
> >
> >  Visit your group "videoblogging" on the web.
> >
> >  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> >  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> >  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.