I have this problem because I use a still cam for my videos.  The reason why you dont hear
the audio is because the audio track is muxed (slammed into the video track).

I use ffmpegX to convert it to an avi file.  Then it's editable!  (It's a pain having to convert
everything, but at least it makes the footage usable..)

I think you can find a copy of ffmpegX on versiontracker.com

If you still have problems, feel free to email off-list.

schlomo
http://webzine2005.com
http://schlomolog.blogspot.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "naschmult" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ok. I bought Quicktime Pro to edit and compress and export my mpeg 1
> video into quicktime.  However when I try to file-export movie to
> quicktime.. It doesn't save my freakn' audio from the video clip!!
> What the hell!?!?!
>
> Does anyone know how to fix it? I tried everything in the differnt
> options and everything. Please let me know..
>
> Nick
> www.lastlapnick.blogspot.com

Individual Fireant Explains