--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Clint Sharp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Exciting news on the TiVo front.  It seems the newest version of TiVo
> software along with the newest version of TiVo Desktop (PC Users only,
> sorry), will allow transferring MPEG2 encoded video to your TiVo.  Now
> all someone needs to do is write a transcoder and something to batch
> that up into TiVo Desktop (or better yet reverse engineer the transfer
> mechanism so one software package can aggregate video and transfer
it to
> the TiVo and call it a day) and we'll be watching vlogs on our TVs
w/o a
> PC sitting next to it (standards based, without a filter).

Well, technically a TiVo is a (specialized) PC. ;) Anyway, I'm really
wishing I had the time/money to get a MythTV box up and running (yeah,
you've heard me say this before) because I think it could be a killer
videoblog-to-TV device. Myth TV is open-source, and very hackable.
Writing you own apps to do video aggregation should be quite easy.

Pete

--
http://tinkernet.org/
videoblog for the future...