On 8/18/05, Charles HOPE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Cingular doesn't add anything funky. Nokia phones create 3GPP files.
>
> Does the fact that you know what Verizon does imply that you have access to
> such a phone? I am adding support for mobile vlogging to blip.tv and I'm
> always on the lookout for samples of video from providers I've not come
> across. So far we should be able to deal with any provider that sends
> attached 3GPP files though.

Charles, I have a regular camera phone (no video) with Verizon, and
when I post-by-email (to LiveJournal) or just email a picture to
someone, here's what goes through:

Subject: Whatever I put as the subject of the message
Body: text I enter in the phone.
Verizon's lame "this is a camera phone picture, here's how to open it.
If it is video, you need this software."
The image as an attachment.

When I try to post to LJ, there's a simple "--" that you can manually
put in to truncate whatever comes after it in the message.
Unfortunately, because Verizon is stupid and lame, it will also
truncate the image so it won't go through to the post. Lame.

(LJ doesn't allow embedding video, so this of course is only a
troubleshooting scheme).

I don't have access to a video camera phone at this time, but Verizon
is pissing me off this week, and Cingular has a switching station down
the block from my house, so I know I'd have a good signal.

--Stephanie

--
Stephanie Bryant
[EMAIL PROTECTED]