Kunga wrote:

>seriously thought the Milk Council ad agency in NYC called Andrew and
>made him an offer he couldn't refuse

    Funny thing that I read a while back is that despite all their
efforts, milk consumption isn't any higher than it was before the "got
milk" ads.  I'd love to find out what the real numbers are on that.

>Why wouldn't others here take that seriously? Am I the only one among
>1300 members who thought that was not a joke? I thought it was a
>funny ad. period. And it still is. lol. And the joke's on me.

    I thought it was a parody as well, mostly because of the production
of the ad.  Not that it was bad or anything, it's just that the ad
looked significantly different than a real spot.  I can't imagine a
sponsor of anything letting even the smallest change to their "look and
feel" creep into even an online ad.

    I thought that it was a really sharp and perceptive parody.  I like
Rocketboom, but that joke made me sit up in my chair a little.  Really nice.

--
     Bohus Blahut
 (BOH-hoosh BLAH-hoot)

   modern filmmaker