I'm interested in participating in one myself.  Perhaps we should just start
our own?  I have
a lot of ideas.  Don't we all?  I think it's important to make contributing an
easy and very
modular process.  That is to say there should be no waiting around for other
people to
finish their piece of the pie.

I liked "e band", but it was really edit-intensive.  Maybe we could do
something with
interlocking scenes bookended by specific transitional actions like "passing
through a
doorway with a hinged door" or "going up some stairs".   So, at the beginning
of a
submitted segment, a person would be opening and coming through a door into a
room.
At the end of the segment, they'd leave through a door (could be the same door,
or
another door).  Several segments made with those parameters could easily be cut
to flow
together, albeit in a surreal fashion.

We'd keep a loose database of source videos, all of which could be mixed and
matched in
whatever manner seems appropriate.  To participate, you'd have to submit at
least one
segment/piece.  To keep things simple/short, we could impose a 90-second time
limit on
each submission.

The cool thing about something modular like this is that I could pretty easily
code a
"random movie generator" in Flash.