Hi, Videobloggers,

It would be to see true potential of videoblogging.
This is our bloggers' Dan Rather moment. The media
is going to do their little specials but it would
be interesting to see regular folks take initiative
and one step beyond pointless rants.

There's a need for folks to take their own safety
into their own hands especially those folks with
little or means.  The government by how their
handle this disaster showed how little they care
about their countrymen lives and well being.

This should be a wake up call that we need to take
action now.  I don't want to wait for the government
or organizations like Red Cross(most of the money will
proabbly go administrative stuff instead of those who
need it the most) to deliver help. It's grassroots to
take up the mantle.  Americans shouldn't worry about
their lives based on what political party in power.

In addition, I think its time for decent people
to emerge from the silent majority.  To often these
folks sit on their hands and watch(or turn the channel)
on the sidelines as atrocities occur.

This is an opportunity for videobloggers, podcasters
and the like to influence society for the better.  You
have the power in hands to help make a "perfect union."

The hurricanes winds have reveal America's dirty little
secret.  We have a chance to right the "Great America
Disgrace."  Are there any "agents of change" within
this modest group?

A Challenege to the Videoblogging Community:

> Katrina Relief Remixable PSA's Videoclips

> Katrina Townhall Videoblog -
  To talk about hard=hitting issues that effect
  the poor and the working class.

> Distribution of CVS disposeable cameras
  to Katrina Victims to Document their Experiences
  (Especially when the media and public losses interest)

> How-to Videoblogs and Podcast on Ordinary Citizens
  Preparation for Diasters

> Contact your local representatives and ask for
  development of adequate evacuations plans for all
  their citizens

> Create disaster survivor checklist (PDF)

> Create a list of charitable indviduals and organizations
  that will be able to assist the poor, disabled and elderly
  in emergency crisies (utilizing YahooGroups or GoogleGroups)

> Designate national safety site hubs for citizens
  (utilizing Google Earth)

> Create Katrina Survivors Recovery Resource ebook

> A resource master list for members to distribute
  in communities of need in America.

I retract my usage of the word refugees in reference to the
Katrina disaster. These folks are survivors.  This is America
and these folks are its citizens.  Alot of times we use words
willy-nilly-like and don't fully understand their full meaning
and how that will reflect on how these people will be treated.
I admit my mistake and I will address these diaster survivors
with the proper respect they deserve.  It's the least I can do,
considering all they went through. I refuse to be a pawn of the
media or the government.

Jay H.
American Patriot
and Freedom Defender