Deirdre Straughan wrote:
Millions of the poor voted for Bush, and not because they were suckered, but because he accurately reflected their values (of patriotism, religion, and social traditionalism).

We disagree on that point, but this is not the forum to discuss it.

I know. It's a common misconception held by Liberals. It's dispelled by actually talking to white working class people, or reading pieces such as this.

In that sense Bush is not ignoring the interests of the poor at all. Rather than blindly increasing voting turnout I think one would wish to discourage turnout among sectors not likely to see things the same way.

No, I wouldn't. I bow to the will of the majority - they might even know more than I do - but I'd like it to be a true (and preferably informed) majority.

What (besides the irregularities of Ohio) would lead you to believe the will of majority was not accurately manifested in this most recent election and every one before that? Propagandization seems like a more tractable goal than a general increase in political awareness among a population which studiously avoids such content.

Cameras cost money; the poor are least likely to own one. Vlogging is a disruptive tool inherently serving the interests of the rich.

This group has successfully given away a few cameras to people who otherwise couldn't afford them, and several members work very hard on informing people about FREE resources for vlogging. So I don't think only the rich need by served by it.

There is no contradiction here. If a few of the rich feel like dispersing hardware and knowledge, that is what they will do. But it's still them doing it. It is the agenda of the haves. There is no escaping that.

Enric wrote:
  Rather than blindly
>increasing voting turnout I think one would wish to discourage
>turnout among sectors not likely to see things the same way.

This is bad, to promote subverting someone else right to vote on
ideological grounds.

This is off topic now, but I must ask: where did you get the idea that I was suggesting the subversion of the right to vote? That would imply some legal institution of a poll tax or similar mechanism. Or at the very least, ballot tampering or voting machine shortages as were seen in Ohio.

Individual Fireant Explains