I recorded ALL of the main room sessions - NON-STOP noon to 6 pm each
day - 12 hours with a direct audio feed from the mixer. I guess that
was "a fair amount" since I couldn't be in more than one place at
once. So I didn't get the video workshops being held upstairs.

Schlomo gave a masterful presentation Sunday afternoon with Bre
Petis, Renegade René and Zadi on stage. He even worked in the
FlashMeeting that was happening at the time.

I was shooting all the time throughout the conference so my
interaction with others was minimal. I didn't get to meet Bre Petis.
No one introduced me to him and he didn't introduce himself to me. I
was shooting and shooting and shooting and he came and went for the
video blogging session in a flash only a few feet from me and yet we
never met. I guess he didn't know who I was. I'm sure he would have
wanted to meet me if he had known it was me with the Canon XL-1 in
his face. I wish Schlomo had introduced me to him. But he was way to
busy to think about that.

I did get to meet the Blip Boys, Charles Hope and Mike Hudack at the
Saturday evening party & Zadi gave me a hug as she passed me on the
way to the stage Sunday. But there was no time for an interview with
anyone. I never even saw Josh Kinberg who was there on Saturday. Good
thing I got that interview with him last Friday the 16th when he
first arrived a week in advance. Briefly met Markus in the hall b4
the start Sunday. And had a little face time with my hero Eric Rice.

My videography work at Webzine earned me status as one of the
organizers so that's cool. But I didn't get elevated to that position
until the day of event so none of the promotional material has my
name nor links to my site on it. I didn't understand the politics of
the Webzine organization well enough to be added in advance. I asked
for a press pass instead of asking to be one of the organizers as the
official videographer. That was what I was trying to tell Schlomo,
but I guess he didn't understand me either since I didn't know how to
ask in the first place. As soon as Big Ed figured out what I was
about, he elevated me to organizer and gave me my money back. I only
wish Schlomo had been the one to get credit for bringing me in at
that level earlier.
--
Taylor Barcroft http://www.blogger.com/profile/11159903
New Media Publisher, Editor, Video Journalist, Webcaster, Futurecaster