Bill Streeter wrote:
> Unless I missed something, I think this conversation misses the
> point that it's a violation of copyright to use the music in
> question as a soundtrack without permission. It has nothing to do
> with whether people can strip a song out of a movie or not. That's
> irrelevant as far as the law goes.

The point is not lost on me... As much as I can listen to people
rationalize their use of material for which they don't have the rights,
I will not do it. I don't want to be an example case when the lawsuits
start to happen. I also have respect for people who create works, as I
consider myself one of those people, and if someone used my stuff in
violation of the license I released it under, I'd be upset.

I'm a big believer in Creative Commons, and I dislike seeing people
just disregarding the copyright laws (even if I don't like them and
think they are screwed up.) I use Creative Commons licenses to control
what people do with my work, and they always have the option of
contacting me for alternate licensing. This just seems to me how it
should work, and I'd like to see more artists realize this as well.

I thought Zadi's work was really well done, but I always feel a little
sad when the good work that gets highlighted has a copyright violation
soundtrack.

Pete

--
http://tinkernet.org/