Hey all,

One of the hosting services that appears to have pretty decent bandwidth and storage offerings just sent out this message today, which if true looks to me like a pretty good deal. I've been experimenting with them (at a higher price point because I signed up before this deal) for hosting and so far they seem ok, however it's really too soon to tell. Whilst I still find attractive the concept of ourmedia and other free services, sometimes (but not always) pay services are more desirable.

I've mentioned them before, and in addition to decent pricing (imho) they also give referral fees, so you could come out ahead of the game (the sale offering today states 80% off the first year).

BTW, if we had a page in the wiki for "hosting services" it might be better than posting here, and comments would be helpful cuz we would learn re reliability and such. I'm into not polluting this list with superfluous messages as much as the next person, hosting is a large-ish issue for video and the prices seem to be coming down.

Check out and if the referral code "888" (this is their 8th year of business and their anniversary) they proffer gives the deal they state then it's probably a good deal, but you will have to decide if it is for yourself. If the promo code doesn't work or is not as represented PLEASE let me know and I will write them regarding their representations because I have little time for BS offerings:

(full disclosure: as mentioned above, they grant referral fees)

Here's the message sent today regarding their 8th year anniversary 80% off sale:

<x-tad-bigger> To celebrate we’ve made a bunch of changes:</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>
</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger> * Unlimited domains and sub-domains on all hosting plans!</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>
</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger> * Domain registrations are now $9.95/year (33% off!)</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>
</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger> * If you have multiple plans with us the disk/bandwidth is now shared among all domains (no more breaking it down by plan)!</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>
</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger> * The panel’s been re-organized a fair bit, integrating a lot of disjointed tabs into what we hope is a much easier to use format!</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>
</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger> * For the first 888 new signups, you can get 80% off the first year of any 1-2 year plan by using the promo code “888</x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger>″</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger> when signing up!

</x-tad-bigger>
Again, if they are not being completely upfront or there is some gotcha or BS going on please let me know. thanks