Setting up a vlog TV station has a few practical concerns that need
to be worked out, but beyond that, I'm guessing the guy runs
infomercials 24/7 because they pay the bills of the TV station... I'm
not sure what sort of business model would work here with Vlog-TV.
The first approach would obviously be the traditional one, but would
there be ample interest in companies wanting to advertise on such a
station? Would the vlog community want there stuff to be screened on
television sandwiched between advertisements?

Josh

On Sep 29, 2005, at 8:21 AM, bottomunion wrote:

> Got this in an e-mail from a friend, who is trying to learn about
> videoblogging.
>
> " in your vlogoshere group - would you be
> interested in a TV station that aired vlogs similar to the radio
> station
> that plays the podcast?  Just trying to think of ways to utilize
> the TV
> station that the guy I work for owns - currently it runs 24hrs of
> info-mercials!  BORING! "
>
> I think it might be an idea like VlogTV (similar to MtV), vlogs 24
> hours a day, taken from the
> inernet and shown on the TV.  I don't know...I'm just doing my duty
> to see what sorta
> will merge soon enough,
> but maybe during the transition periods, to help people understand
> alternative/independent
> media a bit better, and for people who are less wired, without
> broadband...which is the vast
> majority.  So, please everyone...thoughts?  fire away!
>

> YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
>
>  Visit your group "videoblogging" on the web.

>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Don't hate the media, become the media."- Jello Biafra