You can upload your raw video (typically directly from your digital photo camera) using this link:
http://vided.org/index.php?page=uploadpublic
(upload limit 30MB)

The result will be shown within minutes (depending on size of upload) at this link:
http://vided.org/index.php?page=list_public&search=unregistered

Video will be made at 320*240 resolution (aspect ratio will be kept if encoding widescreen video) 1 minute with video and sound will be like 2.5 MB. This makes it approx. 330 kbps data rate, which should run fine for all broadband users. The quality seems fine to me, and the file plays well in quicktime. The format is ffmpeg/libavcodec's mpeg4 codec in a MP4-container. This is usually recommended ahead of proprietary formats like .wmv and even .mov.

The encoded videos will be left for download by anyone, which means that this is a "share and reuse" offer. There will also be made a quadruple thumbnail picture of the video, 4 pictures of the first 100 frames. Keyword change/add is disallowed for unregistered users for now.

Please give me a comment if you like it or not, and what you would like to see in an eventual next version.....

If it is used, I will let it stay, if it is misused, I'm afraid I need to take the service down.

Best regards
Åsmund Garfors
http://ag.vided.org/

Individual Fireant Typepad