Is that because TV never lived up to its potential in many peoples
eyes? And if so, the term TV has negative connotations because it
comes to symbolise all the negative aspects of TV.

I do get the idea that the term TV is hated here by plenty preceisely
because it has become irreversibly linked to the current state of TV,
in the same way communism has become a totally negative term because
it spent decades being attached to a specific totalitarian example of
communism?

Steve of Elbows

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen"