johngaltsjournal wrote:
> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Pete Prodoehl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>In all seriousness, it *is* a good idea to apply a license to the things
>>you create so that people know how they can use it. And don't forget, if
>>you want to use it in some way that does not jive with the license, just
>>contact the creator and see if they will license it to you in some other
>>way. As the creator of a work, you maintain control over how you want to
>>license it to who under what terms. Isn't it grand?
>

> Pete, please don't say that there should be cc licencing on a list of URLs
> sitting in the files
> section of a yahoo group for the (very few) people who actually go out and
> teach
> videoblogging?   That would just makes me depressed for some reason..not sure
> why..

Well, no, if it's just a file with a list of urls, I wouldn't expect
someone to apply a license to it (but they could!) I did indeed suggest
that I think it's a "good idea to apply a license to the things you
create" - so if someone here spent days compiling information into a
well written tutorial, and wanted some control over how it was used, a
CC license might help the matter. (I know, I'm a licensing freak!)

Pete

--
http://tinkernet.org/
videoblog for the future...