David Meade wrote:
> FYI, for those of you who use wordpress and want to use it's automatic
> enclosure feature, but have found you cannot because your hosting service
> issues a redirect to the media file (most of them do this I believe), I've
> tweaked the code a bit to work with redirects.
>  http://www.davidmeade.com/post/post.php?topicID=579
>  The end location server of the media file needs to have it's mime types set
> up correctly, but other than that, this tweak has been working for me.

See this bug:

   http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1543

   Ourmedia.org enclosures don't work
   Because the enclosure code doesn't currently follow redirects.

Matt has mentioned this on the WP-hackers list.

 > I think the problem with ourmedia/archive.org is that they serve up
 > redirects usually, and we don't follow redirects. Anyone want to fix
 > our code to follow up to 2 redirects (but no more as to not get stuck
 > in a loop)?

Any chance you could feed your fix back to the WP folks?

Pete

--
http://tinkernet.org/
videoblog for the future...